Many important things are needed to stay safe and comfortable during the winter ice or harsh wet conditions and Snow boots are very much essential to keep you comfortable and safe. Generally Snow boots are heavier than winter boots as safety is the major parameter in designing them. Snow boots are designed to be used in snowy weather, heavily wet conditions, muddy lawns or muddy fields unlike weather boots designed for normal conditions as well. Snow boats will retain the heat and keep your toes away from frost bite. They will have many other features which help people to walk easily in snowy conditions. Hundreds of people die or injured in snow accidents when they slip on snow so one should be careful while buying snow boots. Below are some of the highlights of the Snow boots.
1. Water Proof: Generally Snow boots are made up of water resistant material to make them as water proof.
Generally Snow boots are used in wet conditions where they can get wet and damage your feet. While they are water repellent, perspiration due to thermal insulation is another concern which should be addressed here by lining the boots with layer of micro porous water proof membrane which allows your foot to breathe normally.
2. Thermal Insulation: This is much required for any Snow boots as the weather will be extremely freezing.
Snow boots should not let the outside temperature affect your feet. So insulation material like wool, which are used to design Snow boots which helps to keep your feet warm.
3. Ankle Support: This is another important thing to consider while buying the Snow boots. Boots must be designed in a way that they will resist the shock from the ground. While they are used in harsh weather conditions, ankle support must be good to ensure you walk safely and feel good even after walking long hours in the snow or slushy conditions.
4. Grip: lt is very much essential that Snow boots must have better grip in order to prevent you from Slipping on the ice. Lots of injuries are reported over the years due to this issue. There have been numerous advanced technologies which have been developed to address this issue. One such is Green Diamond technology which ensures better gripping on the snowy conditions.
5. Temperature limit: Temperatures may vary from -10 to -50 at times in various conditions and geographical locations. So in order to address this issue, companies develop boots according to temperature limits and make sure you buy the right boots for the temperature range of your area.
6. Durability: As these boots are used in extreme conditions it is possible that these boots may warn out quickly after few days of use. Make sure you check the quality standards of the boots before you buy. If the outer section of the boots is made up of good quality nylon or heavy leather they tend to be more durable.
7. Suitable Snow gaiters: They come in various heights so make sure you buy the right snow gaiter that comes with boots. Though it depends on individual’s choice, one need to understand the muddy or snowy conditions they are going to use the snow boots.
Though there are hundreds of options, you must consider above highlights while you buy Snow boots. And here are some the top brands of snow boots available in the market. 1. Sorel Boots 2. Timberland Boots 3. The Original Muck Boots 4. Columbia 5. UGG